- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup carrots
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set the cream cheese and butter out to soften. Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice carrots and bake until tender; puree.
- Beat the eggs and granulated sugar together. Add carrots, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour mixture onto a wax paper-lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to10 minutes.
- Layer another sheet of waxed paper on top. Roll up like a jelly roll and cool completely.
- Make filling by blending the cream cheese and butter together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat in slowly.
- Carefully unroll the log and remove top layer of wax paper. Spread filling evenly over the roll all the way to edges.
- Gently re-roll from bottom sheet of wax paper.
- Wrap the log tightly in foil and keep chilled until time to serve. Dust with powdered sugar. Use serrated knife to slice. Refrigerate leftover portions.
- If possible, bake carrots as opposed to cooking in liquid to avoid runniness.
- Roll may be frozen, but allow time to thaw slightly prior to slicing and serving.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 220 mg
Potassium 80 mg
Phosphorus 67 mg
Calcium 56 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1-1/2 high calorie
- 2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita patient Emma Jean and submitted by DaVita dietitian Sue from Washington.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register