1/4 koko patty + 1 pita bread
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 pita breads, 6-inch size
- 4 lemon slices
- Chop parsley, onion, cilantro and garlic. Slightly beat eggs.
- Place all ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet to make one large patty.
- Cover and cook until the mix is golden brown and crispy.
- Turn over gently and brown the other side (like a pancake) without the cover.
- Divide patty into 4 equal portions. Serve with pita bread and a lemon wedge.
- Koko sandwich can be baked instead of fried. Heat oven to 350° F, place mixture in an oiled baking dish and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cut into 4 portions.
- If desired, lavash bread, flour tortilla or white bread may be used in place of the pita bread.
- Use 1-1/4 cup low cholesterol egg product instead of eggs for a low cholesterol dish.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 264 mg
Sodium 397 mg
Potassium 308 mg
Phosphorus 195 mg
Calcium 147 mg
Fiber 3.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 3 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Zohreh from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register