Carrot Pineapple Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 packet Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 10 ounces apricot nectar
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Put a glass bowl and beaters of a hand mixer into the freezer to chill.
- Pour 1 cup of the apricot nectar into a small saucepan and heat to a low boil. Place gelatin in a bowl and pour heated nectar into the gelatin and whisk to dissolve.
- Pour remaining nectar and canned pineapple, including juice, into the gelatin mixture. Stir in carrots. Place in the refrigerator until partially set.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- Remove chilled glass bowl from the freezer and pour in the heavy whipping cream. Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes to whip. Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the partially set gelatin mixture and blend gently with a whisk or spoon. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- For diabetics, use sugar-free gelatin and Splenda® granular low calorie sweetener to reduce carbohydrate to 16 grams per serving, one Carbohydrate Choice.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Joyce from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 120 mg
Potassium 205 mg
Phosphorus 62 mg
Calcium 63 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register