Fruit Salad Slaw
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup red apples
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup green cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dice unpeeled apples. Shred cannabe and grate carrots.Drain crushed pineapple; reserve liquid.
- In a small bowl blend mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine pineapple, apples,cabbage, and carrots.
- Add mayonnaise mixture and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Reduced-fat mayonnaise cuts the fat in half.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days if it lasts that long.
- Make it quick--use packaged coleslaw mix instead of shredding cabbage and carrots.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Cindy from Wisconsin.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 61 mg
Potassium 116 mg
Phosphorus 12 mg
Calcium 5 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register