Southern Cole Slaw
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 small green onions minced
- 1/2 dill pickle spear minced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle brine
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish shredded
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mince the green onions and pickle spear.
- In a food processor, shred on high speed the carrots, cabbage and red cabbage and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix green onions, pickle spear and remaining ingredients.
- Add the cabbages and carrots to the ingredients and mix until all colors are blended.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- This is good on its own, on BBQ, and on tortilla chips as a snack.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kurtis Russell.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 176 mg
Potassium 198 mg
Phosphorus 30 mg
Calcium 42 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 vegetables, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register