Foil Baked Pimento Cod Fillets
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 12 ounces cod fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounce jar diced pimento peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on preparation surface.
- Thinly slice lemon. Spread lemon slices, half on each piece of foil.
- Set cod fillets on top of lemon slices, 2 fillets or about 6 ounces per foil.
- Lightly sprinkle each fillet with measured salt and pepper.
- Spoon diced pimentos over each fillet, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Fold foil edges together to seal fish inside. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove fillets from foil to serve.
- Use fresh or frozen cod. If frozen, thaw before preparing recipe.
- Use Dromdary® brand diced pimento peppers because this brand does not contain added salt. If unavailable, substitute pimentos or roasted red peppers with lowest sodium content and omit salt from recipe. Fresh roasted red peppers may also be substituted.
- When adding very small amounts of salt, try combining with pepper or other ground spices. Use a refillable shaker to distribute evenly over food.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for Davita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 16 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 184 mg
Potassium 238 mg
Phosphorus 182 mg
Calcium 33 mg
Fiber 1.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register