Silken Cucumber and Dill Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 large cucumber
- 16 ounces soft silken tofu
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash cucumber, cut in half vertically and remove seeds with a spoon. Cut into pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chill soup covered in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Silken tofu is softer than regular soft tofu. It works well in soups and smoothies. Tofu is a high biological value vegetarian protein source.
- This soup is a great choice for those with chewing or swallowing difficulty.
- Adjust fresh dill and black pepper according to your taste.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Brittany from Virginia
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9 mg
Potassium 332 mg
Phosphorus 90 mg
Calcium 55 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register