1 chicken breast plus 1/2 cup vegetables
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut julienne style
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut julienne style
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place bell peppers, green beans and carrots in an 8" square baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts over vegetables. Sprinkle evenly with lemon juice and olive oil.
- In small bowl, combine black pepper and thyme. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10 to12 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices are clear. (Rotate dish a half turn after 5 minutes if you do not have a rotating microwave.)
- Serve each chicken breast with 1/2 cup vegetables.
- Use frozen vegetables for an even faster meal.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 81 mg
Potassium 399 mg
Phosphorus 211 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian MaryJo from Minnesota.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register