Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
1 chicken thigh
- CKD non-dialysis
- 10 ounces chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in (2 thighs)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Add chicken thighs and white wine to an oven-proof pan. Squeeze half the lemon over chicken. Slice remaining lemon and top chicken with lemon slices.
- Season chicken with fresh oregano, cracked pepper and olive oil.
- Bake chicken for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° to 175° F.
- Substitute basil for oregano if desired.
- Adjust portion to match your meal plan.
- This recipe is featured in the DaVita Eats: Chef Tips video series.
Submitted by: Recipe provided by Chef Frank Bonanno from Denver, CO.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 26 g
Cholesterol 118 mg
Sodium 100 mg
Potassium 328 mg
Phosphorus 198 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register