Pineapple Strawberry Fluff
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 3 ounce box strawberry gelatin
- 8 ounce container whipped topping
- Drain pineapple through a fine strainer over a bowl to catch the juice. Squeeze and press through strainer to get out as much juice as possible. Set aside and reserve juice.
- Add cottage cheese to a blender along with 3 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice. Blend and stir until almost smooth.
- Add gelatin to the blender and continue to blend until mixture is smooth and gelatin is evenly distributed.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese mixture and pineapple. Fold in whipped topping. Once thoroughly combined spread into a 9x13" pan and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- You may use any flavor of gelatin. Choose one that does not have phosphorus additives or less than 2% of additives.
- May eat alone or serve with graham crackers or fresh strawberries.
- Some frozen toppings contain phosphorus additives, look for one without additives or you may substitute with Reddi-wip® spray topping.
Submitted by: Recipe from DaVita dietitian Sandra from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 154 mg
Potassium 87 mg
Phosphorus 70 mg
Calcium 48 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Added Sugar 10 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register