- CKD non-dialysis
- To make crust mix together 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, flour and 1/2 cup butter.
- Pour into ungreased 8" square pan and bake at 350º F for 15 minutes.Remove from oven.
- To make filling mix together granulated sugar, baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Pour over crust and spread evenly.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer at 350º F. Remove from oven and cool.
- To make icing mix together remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar and 1 tablespoon softened butter.
- When crust and filling layers are completely cool, spread icing over the top.
- Refrigerate. Cut into 36 squares.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 146
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 22 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 39 mg
- Sodium 45 mg
- Potassium 22 mg
- Phosphorus 32 mg
- Calcium 16 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Lemon squares freeze well. Place on a tray and freeze then store in a freezer bag or container.