Leprechaun's Favorite Butter Mint Cookies
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon green-colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peppermint extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place one-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with bottom of a drinking glass.
- Sprinkle with green-colored sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 160
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 29 mg
- Sodium 2 mg
- Potassium 17 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Calcium 5 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Change the colored sugar to match different holidays.
- Store in a covered container.
- Limit portion as these cookies are very rich in fat.