Pavlova with Strawberries
- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool-Whip® frozen dessert topping, thawed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Beat egg whites with salt at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Gently fold in vinegar and vanilla.
- Smooth mixture into an 8” round, ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Smooth top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and let shell set for 1 hour with oven door shut. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Fill pavlova shell with whipped topping and sliced berries on top.