- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in oil, sugar, garlic powder and flour to make soft dough. Place in a greased bowl, cover and set aside. Let rest 5 minutes.
Roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 4 pieces.
- Scramble eggs and stir in cream cheese.
- Place egg mixture onto 1/2 of each piece of dough. Fold dough over, pinching edges; then cut top to vent.
- Spray top of each pocket with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Cooled pockets can be frozen for about a week. Warm in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add chopped, fresh green onion or green pepper to taste, after mixing in cream cheese.
- Other filling suggestions are turkey with chopped, cooked broccoli or turkey with dried cranberries.
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita patient, Wendy, and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian, Sheila from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 121 mg
Potassium 119 mg
Phosphorus 65 mg
Calcium 33 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register