Crock-Pot® Fruited Pork Loin Roast
- 1 large apple
- 3 pounds pork loin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whole-berry canned cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Slice unpeeled apple into thin wedges.
- Rub loin with dried seasonings and place in a 3-quart Crock-Pot.
- Combine fruit juices & cranberry sauce, and pour over meat.
- Place apple wedges and parsley around roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Transfer to serving platter. Wait 10 minutes then slice.
- Pour cooking juices and fruit over slices before serving.
- Divide leftover pork into individual portions and freeze to reheat for a quick meal or sandwich on busy days.
- If you follow a lower protein diet, adjust the portion size according to your meal plan or dietitian recommendation.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jean from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Potassium 396 mg
Phosphorus 211 mg
Calcium 23 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register