Slow Cooker Leg of Lamb
4 oz. lamb, 1/2 cup vegetables and broth
- Higher Potassium
- 3 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 2 large carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 large onion
- 10 whole garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- Trim excess fat off of the boneless leg of lamb and then place in the slow cooker.
- Roughly chop the carrots, celery and onion. Finely chop the fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Place all ingredients on top of lamb in the slow cooker and cover with lid.
- Set slow cooker to high setting for 5 to 6 hours or until lamb is cooked through and can easily be pulled apart with a fork.
- Serve with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
- Makes great leftovers, and freezes well.
- If using low heat setting cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- For a lower protein diet reduce lamb portion to 2 ounces.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Shireen from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 33 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 97 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Potassium 515 mg
Phosphorus 254 mg
Calcium 30 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register