Homemade Fast Foods for Kidney Diets
Fast foods can get a bad reputation for being unhealthy, high in fat (especially trans fat) and high in sodium. An additional concern for people with kidney disease is the use of phosphate additives in many fast foods, making items like chicken sandwiches and chicken nuggets a less-than-healthy choice. Why not make your own fast food favorites at home? It may be faster than you think.
DaVita® dietitians have put together a collection of homemade versions of popular fast foods. Try these delicious recipes to save on sodium, phosphorus, fat and money.
- Apple Fritter Rings
- Beef Burritos
- Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Chili Con Carne
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- Great Way to Start Your Day Bagel
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Martha's Coffee Frappé
- Pita Pizza
- Shrimp Quesadilla
- Soft Tacos with Mexican Seasoning
- Sweet and Tangy Oven-Fried Chicken