- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 1/3 cup 1% low fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Chop green onion and basil; set aside.
- Coat a medium non-stick skillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Spread cooked spaghetti noodles evenly in skillet and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Whisk milk, eggs, egg whites and black pepper together in a bowl. Gently pour over pasta. Sprinkle the top of the frittata with cheese, green onions and basil. Cover and cook for approximately 8 minutes until set.
- Cut the frittata into 4 wedges and serve.
- Top with 1/4 cup delicious Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce from the DaVita.com recipe collection.
- Substitute refined spaghetti for whole wheat if preferred.
- Note to dietitians: This is a great recipe idea to serve at food sampling events. Double the recipe and cook in an electric skillet. Pre-cook/prep the pasta and sauce. Place a basil plant on the table for aroma and to demonstrate use of fresh herbs.
Submitted by: renal dietitian Donna from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 196 mg
Sodium 208 mg
Potassium 212 mg
Phosphorus 279 mg
Calcium 178 mg
Fiber 3.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register