- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 large onion
- 12 dinner rolls, sweet, Hawaiian
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 sweet pickle chips
- Chop the onion. Slice the rolls in half and set aside.
- Divide the ground beef into 12 patties, making them slightly larger in diameter than the rolls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in oil until translucent.
- Place ground beef patties on top of the onions and fry until done, pressing down so that the onions will press into the patties.
- Place a beef patty in each roll, top with 1/2 teaspoon mustard and 1 pickle chip before serving.
- Serve as an appetizer or double up for a main entrée.
- Look for the lowest sodium sweet pickle chips brand.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Terri from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 230 mg
Potassium 227 mg
Phosphorus 143 mg
Calcium 35 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register