Chinese Hotdish (Casserole)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 ribs celery
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) Healthy Request Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Uncle Ben’s® white converted rice, dry
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Dice celery and onion.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion. Drain.
- Pour cooked ground beef into a 2-quart casserole baking dish.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in chicken noodle soup, cream of chicken soup, Worcestershire sauce, rice and boiling water and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and stir.
- Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top of casserole.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.