Grilled Summer Squash
- CKD non-dialysis
Approximately 4 pieces (2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 medium crookneck squash
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash squash with mild soap and water; rinse well.
- Cut each squash into four pieces; cut both vertically and horizontally.
- Place on a cookie sheet or large platter and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, to taste (both optional).
- Cook on either a George Foreman™ grill or a gas grill. If using the Foreman™ grill, cook for approximately three to five minutes, flipping once. The squash should be tender but not mushy. If cooking on a gas grill, place flat surface down on a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook approximately 5 to 7 minutes over a medium flame, watching carefully. Flip and cook approximately 2 more minutes on the “round” side.