French Fries Made with Zucchini
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup 1% low fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons dry Hidden Valley Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco® hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Peel and slice zucchini into 3/4” sticks, 4” long. Rinse zucchini and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs until well blended; stir in hot sauce.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine cornstarch, bread crumbs, and dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture and then roll each piece in bread crumb mixture.
- Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.