Green Bean Casserole
- CKD non-dialysis
- 10 unsalted Ritz® crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 cups frozen French-style green beans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Crush 10 crackers to equal about 1/2-cup cracker crumbs and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar, sour cream and finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add the frozen green beans and stir to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared casserole dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt 1-tablespoon butter in microwave. Stir in cracker crumbs and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.