Southern-Style Collard Greens
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 turkey wing
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pound collard greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add turkey wing. Reduce heat and cook for about 1 hour. Set aside.
- Chop onion, garlic and collard greens.
- In another large pot, heat oil and butter on medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook 1 minute.
- Add collard greens and cook 1 minute.
- Add enough turkey stock to cover greens (about 4 cups) and salt and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until greens are tender, about 40 to 50 minutes.