Summer Garden Eggplant
- CKD non-dialysis
3 cups eggplant
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 tablespoon celery
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® onion herb seasoning
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut eggplant into 1/2" pieces. Measure 3 cups for recipe. Chop onion, celery, parsley and bell peppers.
- Mix vegetables together.
- Spray a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Add vegetable mixture and cover. Bake for 40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking mix melted margarine and Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning with the soft bread crumbs.
- Uncover baking dish and sprinkle with crumb mixture. Return the uncovered dish to oven. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the topping is lightly browned.