Thai Red Curry Vegetables and Rice
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup rice + 1-1/2 cups vegetable mixture
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® red curry paste
- 8 ounces plain coconut milk
- 14 ounces low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Mince the shallot. Cut cauliflower and green beans into 1" pieces. Cut carrots into 1/2" circles. Cut lime into wedges for garnish. Set aside.
- In a pot with a lid, add oil and shallots, and sauté on low heat until shallots are translucent.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth and kaffir lime leaf, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Add cauliflower, green beans and carrots, cover, and cook for 8-12 minutes or until soft enough to easily cut with a fork. Turn off the heat when a fork can go through the vegetables.
- Remove the lime leaf from the pot and throw it out.
- Spoon 1/2-cup cooked rice into a bowl and then top with 1-1/2 cups vegetables and sauce.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the dish.