Zucchini, Black Beans and Rice Supper
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh zucchini
- 15 ounces canned no-salt-added black beans
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and chop.
- Add zucchini to skillet and sauté until tender, stirring often.
- Drain and rinse black beans from the can, then add beans to the skillet.
- Chop tomato and add to skillet along with water.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well.
- Remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle each portion with 1 tablespoon cheese blend, if desired.